Ram is a semiconducter based memory where CPU & the other Hardware Devices can write the data and can read same from it.
RAndom Access Memory Is 2 Types:
- Static RAM
- Dynamic RAM
Static RAM is the cache memory which is also known as high speed RAM.
Dynamic RAM or DRAM is devided into below types:
- EDODRAM – Extended Data Out Dynamic Random Access Memory
- SDRAM – synchronous dynamic random-access memory
- DDRRAM – double data rate synchronous dynamic random-access memory
- RDRAM – Rambus DRAM
- SGRAM – Synchronous Graphics RAM
- FPMDRAM – Fast Page Mode DRAM
- VRAM – video RAM