The Chief Minister of Odisha, Shri Naveen Patnaik, has recently launched a new household scheme called “Mo Ghara Scheme” to provide financial assistance to lower and lower-middle-income households in rural areas of Odisha. This scheme aims to support families who were left out of existing housing schemes due to eligibility criteria or the unavailability of houses under those schemes. With an estimated coverage of approximately 4 lakh people in rural areas, the government of Odisha will allocate Rs. 2,150 crores over a two-year period to implement this scheme.
The Mo Ghara Scheme is a credit-linked housing scheme with capital subsidy, fully funded by the state government. Its primary objectives include constructing, upgrading, and completing pending houses, providing pucca houses to families previously excluded, offering credit-linked financial assistance, and reducing the financial burden on eligible families.
Key Highlights of Odisha Mo Ghara Scheme:
- Scheme Name: Odisha Mo Ghara Scheme
- State: Odisha
- Launched By: CM Naveen Patnaik
- Category: Odisha Government Schemes
- Beneficiaries: Citizens of Odisha
- Benefits: Up to Rs. 60,000
- Application mode: Online
- Official Website: https://rhodisha.gov.in/moghara/
Benefits of Odisha Mo Ghara Scheme:
Under the Odisha Mo Ghara Scheme, beneficiaries can avail of housing loans up to Rs. 3 lakh, which can be repaid over a period of 10 years. The scheme provides home loans in four segments: Rs. 1 lakh, Rs. 1.5 lakh, Rs. 2 lakh, and Rs. 3 lakh. The following subsidies will be provided based on the loan amount:
- Subsidy of Rs. 30,000 on a loan of Rs. 1 lakh.
- Subsidy of Rs. 45,000 on a loan of Rs. 1.5 lakh.
- Subsidy of Rs. 60,000 on a loan of Rs. 2 lakh.
- Subsidy of Rs. 60,000 on a loan of Rs. 3 lakh.
Additionally, families headed by SC/ST and PwD individuals will receive an additional subsidy of Rs. 10,000. The registration fees and stamp duty charges are waived by the government.
Eligibility Criteria for Odisha Mo Ghara Scheme:
To be eligible for the Odisha Mo Ghara Scheme, applicants must fulfill the following criteria:
- Beneficiaries must be permanent residents of Odisha.
- Beneficiaries should not have received a house from other housing schemes recently.
- Applicants must have a bank account to receive the subsidy.
- People residing in urban areas are not covered under this scheme.
- Income tax-paying families and government employees are not eligible for this scheme.
Documents Required for Odisha Mo Ghara Scheme:
To apply for the Odisha Mo Ghara Scheme, the following documents will be required:
- Aadhar card
- Domicile certificate
- Mobile number
- Bank passbook
- Passport-size photo
- Ration card
- Income certificate
- Caste certificate (if SC/ST)
- Disability certificate (if PwD)
How to Apply Online for Odisha Mo Ghara Scheme:
To apply for the Odisha Mo Ghara Scheme, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of the Mo Ghara Scheme.
- On the homepage, click on the “Register” button.
- Fill in the necessary details such as mobile number, name, and address on the portal.
- Provide all the details related to your bank account.
- Upload all the required documents for the Mo Ghara Scheme application form.
- After completing the form successfully, click on the “Submit” button.
- Once the nodal agency verifies the application, the amount will be transferred to the beneficiary’s bank account.
In conclusion, the Odisha Mo Ghara Scheme is a commendable initiative by the Chief Minister to provide financial assistance to lower and lower-middle-income households in rural areas of Odisha. By offering credit-linked housing loans and capital subsidies, the scheme aims to address the housing needs of deserving families and alleviate their financial burdens. Eligible individuals are encouraged to take advantage of this scheme by applying online through the official website.