Telnet is not a secure protocol and its use is discouraged, especially over unsecured networks. Alternative secure protocols such as SSH are recommended for remote access.
- Open Control Panel.
- Go to “Programs and Features”.
- Click on “Turn Windows features on or off”.
- Find “Telnet Client” in the list of Windows features.
- Check the box next to “Telnet Client” to enable it.
- Click “OK” to confirm and install the feature.
- Wait for the installation process to complete.
- Close the “Turn Windows features on or off” window.