Clearing cache will delete temporary files and free up space on your hard drive, but will not harm your personal files or data.
To clear cache on a Windows laptop, follow these steps:
- Open the Start menu and click on the “Settings” (gear) icon.
- Click on “System.”
- Click on “Storage.”
- Under the “Storage” section, click on “Temporary files.”
- Select the types of files you want to remove and click on “Remove files.”
Alternatively, you can clear the cache using the Disk Cleanup tool:
- Open File Explorer and right-click on the “Local Disk (C:)” drive.
- Click on “Properties.”
- Click on “Disk Cleanup.”
- Select the types of files you want to remove and click on “OK.”